Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to share this. It’s past midnight; my brain is going slow. I’m feeling confident. I’ll regret this in the morning, I know it

I made this website as an assignment in my CPLA class. Be warned, it was only ever made as something for my teacher and a couple of friends to see. It has absolutely no redeeming literary values, and was only intended as a small amusement to the two other people I know who have played these games.

http://studentweb.ewu.edu/vstedham69/CPLA/asg3/index.html

I didn’t think I wanted to share this. I’ve been vacillating over it since we first were assigned to create a blog. When I was thinking about what my interests are, this whole thing was the first thing that came to mind. I’m kind of quiet about the fact that I’m a huge anime and manga geek. The fact that twice as geeky about obscure Japanese video games is kind of like my… hmm… everything I want to write here is cliché. It’s not really a secret. I’m kind of quiet about everything. But it is a secret, at least a little bit.

Alright, I’ll say it. I play obscure Japanese video games about demons and religion and cannibalism and I like them. Well, not really about cannibalism, not all of them at any rate. The games are from the Shin Megami Tensei series. I find them fascinating. As a character in the games, you have to make a lot of choices about your moral alignment. It gets really weird at times.

But it’s more than just the allure of the oddness that makes me like these games. They’re fun games to play. Really hard at times, but fun nonetheless. I really like the art style of the games, especially the Digital Devil Saga games and Nocturne. The detail is really beautiful to look at. The games have intriguing stories, and not just save the world from certain death and destruction kind of stories. A couple of the games start after the end of the world. And the characters are interesting too.

I think I’m feeling guilty for like these games and trying to justify myself. I really shouldn’t. I should just accept that I might have a different opinion than other people.

There, I did it. I shared. I know I’m going to regret this…

1 comment:

Eyrika said...

I know what you feel like. I love playing video games. I have since I was little. I don't really get why people are so put off by those who play video games... I let myself feel judged too much, sometimes. I know a lot of people who don't tell their friends they play video games because they don't want to be made fun of.
I find that kind of disturbing. Is it really that big of a deal?
My boyfriend always says, playing video games is just like having any other hobby. But for some reason, there is like a double standard there...
Don't let people make you feel bad about it. I know there are people who will, but they are closed minded.
I love anime and manga and everything, too. So, if you want a friend, I'm here! :P

Post a Comment